DIY watermelon bag from cardboard
This DIY watermelon bag from cardboard is fun, pretty and handy! It currently keeps my pens and pencils organized.
It’s a rather simple craft, though younger kids might need some help along the way.
You will need:
• Wide ribbon
• Card stock (optional)
• Prints of this DIY watermelon bag template (2 pages)
1. Cut out the shapes from the templates and trace them onto the cardboard. Make two cardboard cutouts of template #1 and five cutouts of template #2.
2. Glue parts #2 to part #1, with the curvy ends aligned.
3. Glue the other copy of part #1.
4. Paint the watermelon bag. If the edges of the cardboard are hard to color, you can paste a small piece of card stock on them and paint over the card stock.
5. Glue a strip of ribbon to the edges of the watermelon, to make a handle for the bag.
6. Glue a wide strip of ribbon to the curvy bottom of the watermelon bag, for decoration.
7. You are done! Have a happy summer!