How to make a dancing clown out of card stock paper
Show your kids how to make a clown out of card stock paper, then let them pull the string and make him dance! It’s a fun, simple craft that kids really enjoy.
No need to struggle with illustrating the clown, just grab the template I prepared.
You will need:
• Colorful card stock paper
• Glue (stick would work best)
• Cotter pins
• Round paper punch
• Prints this template (2 pages)
1. Print out the template. Cut out the shapes, trace them onto the card stock on cut them wit scissors. Alternatively, print the template directly on your card stock.
3.Glue the head to the body, and glue the shoes to the body’s background.
4. Glue the body to its background.
5. Glue the palms to the arms and then glue the arms to their background.
6. Connect the arms to the body with cotter pins, making the pins split at the back of the clown. Don’t tighten them too much – the arms should move freely.
7. Tie string to the back of each arm, making the knots at the inner edge of each arm.
8. Tie the strings together. Make the knot close to the arms (2 inches away from them should be good).
9. Pull the strings and watch the arms move!
10. Give your clown a happy face and decorate him as you like.