Unicorn craft from foam sheets: cute unicorn magnet
Do you also have tones of advertising magnets on your fridge? Recruit them for this cute unicorn craft from foam sheet! This guide shows how to make a DIY unicorn magnet from foam sheet, though you can also make the unicorn from card stock paper.
Here is the step by step tutorial for making this DIY unicorn magnet, including the template for printing. By the way, you don’t have to turn your unicorn into a magnet, you can also use it as a gift tag, as decoration for greeting cards or anything else.
You will need:
• Foam sheets in different colors
• Large magnet
• Glitter paper/glitter sticker paper (optional)
• Paper punch (optional)
• A print of this unicorn template
1. Print out the template and cut out the parts.
4. Glue the pieces to the unicorn’s base. Refer to the template if you need to see the order of the different parts.
5. Use a paper punch to punch a shape out of glittery paper. Glittery is fun, but you can use any kind of paper (or skip this step completely. your unicorn – your rules).
6. Glue the punched shape onto the unicorn.
7. Take the large piece of magnet. I used a big advertisement magnet that I had at home.
Use the paper template of the unicorn’s base and trace it onto the back of the magnet.
Important: make sure you place the paper facing the right direction, or the magnet won’t fit your foam unicorn.
8. Glue the magnet to the back of the unicorn. It’s OK if the magnet is smaller than the unicorn or doesn’t cover the foam evenly. All that matters is that it covers enough of the surface to make the unicorn magnetize properly.
AND – HOORAY!
You have an adorable magnet to put on the fridge or chalkboard.